Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Its Thanksgiving Day and I sit in a quiet house. My guys and the dogs are all taking a nap. I have finished making my 15 lbs of mashed potatoes and the largest corn casserole I have ever seen. The last few weeks have been extremely busy and hectic...seems I say that a lot. =) But, as the end of the year approaches it always feels like we are in a dead run until the end of the year. Today we aren't able to be with family, but we are blessed to be able to spend the day with about 50 of our friends here in Vegas. It will be a day filled with tons of food, kids running around, babies crying, laughter, reflection, football, love and hopefully a good nap. =) So on that note it won't be very different than a normal Thanksgiving with the Davis/Bull clan that I grew up with.

Every year I feel like I have so much to be thankful for. More than I could ever express in words. I try to live every day remembering that, but it doesn't always happen. I get irritated with Nathan even though he is my best friend, the love of my life and brings such balance to me. I get frustrated when Caleb won't sit still long enough for me to dress him even though I know, first hand, that not everyone has the blessing of a rambunctious little one to keep them on their toes. I complain about doing laundry even though I have more clothes than any one person really needs. I want a bigger house even though I realize that our house is huge and by the world's standard's we are extremely wealthy. I feel wronged when others do things I don't like or hurt me, but remember that I am in as much need of grace as the next person.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving with loved ones and that you are able to give thanks for everything in your life.

No comments: