Friday, March 12, 2010

3 Down, 2 to Go

We have survived 3 of the 5 weeks of Nathan's TDY.  If has been busy around here (as you can imagine) so here are some of what has been going on.

* We are still going to therapy 2 times a week.  Liam is doing really well.  On Monday's Liam's OT, Christine, does a lot of "strength" training and balance.  She works with him on rolling over to his left side, sitting up, etc.  He can do all those things, but he over compensates for his neck in ways that aren't good for him.  So, he has to learn to do those things the proper way.   On Wednesdays, there is a lot of stretching.

* Caleb comes with us to therapy on Wednesdays.  We are in a good size room and while Christine focuses on Liam, Caleb and I play.  They have lots of games and fun things for us to do.  It is such a blessing to be able to take him with us and not have to stress about having someone to watch him twice a week.

* Caleb is growing so much and he daily amazes me with his vocabulary and the things he can do.   I am often thinking "Where did he learn to do that?"  - in a good way most of the time.  He has gotten to he point where he can tell you what he did when you weren't there.  Its really fun to hear him tell Nathan about how his day went.  "Played Cars.  Cars Catched.  Watched Nemo.  Nemo go on boat. Mommy read. I seep."   I often have to translate since I hear him all the time, but I think he is pretty clear if you are around him enough.   He counts all the time and is getting really good with his colors too.  Feels like everything we have been working on is finally clicking in.

* Liam has been eating cereal for about 2 weeks now and loves it.  This week we have started other solids.  So far he has avocado and banana.  He ate AN ENTIRE banana last night, cereal and still nursed.  I think he is going to put on 5 lbs in the next month.   Next we are on to sweet potatoes.  I am pretty sure this boy won't find a food he doesn't like.  Caleb was a good eater, but seemed much pickier.   Avocado was never acceptable in his book.   Last night Liam was literally yelling at me to feed him faster.

* Speaking of yelling, Liam has really found his voice lately and it is hilarious.  He is loud!  The other day we were in the car and I called to him to see if he was awake.  Next thing I know there is this high pitched "AHHH" coming from the back seat.  He is SO different from Caleb in that way.  Caleb just took everything in and contemplated life, but Liam wants to be in the middle of everything.  It will be fun to see them interact in the future.

I love these guys!

No comments: