I don't want to say THE wall because it wasn't that bad, but it was A wall. Today was a rough day. We had a really whiney day today (well Caleb did, not me) and it was tiring. I think the adrenaline is wearing off a bit now. I am staring at laundry and toys and just don't have the energy to put them away AGAIN. I am praying that everyone gets a good nights sleep and that tomorrow we are rested and can make progress again.
On a funnier note - I finally figured out something else Caleb has been saying. We read Goodnight Moon each night and Caleb says "night Bears" "night baby" and then there is some other B word he has is saying goodnight too that I haven't been able to figure out. Today I realized he is saying "night boys" like I do when I walk out of the boys room. "Goodnight boys, Mommy loves you." Things like that make even the roughest days a little easier.

2 comments:
The other night I was driving home from work at 10 o'clock PM after getting to work at 8 AM and I started feeling sorry for myself and saying, "Why am I a feminist? Why do I want to work until I'm exhausted & have no time for kids/my husband/myself? I wanted all of this so badly and now I'm a zombie." I asked Andrew if he thought my friends raising kids as their profession did this every now and then. If I gave it all up, would I still, out of a desire for perfection in whatever I'm doing, have these meltdowns, or are they only academia-related? This post appears to be the answer to my question.
Kacy, I have to say that I think we all hit walls at some point regardless of what we are doing. However, I find I hit them a lot less doing something that I love then when I was working full time and completely stressed. I think doing what you love is the key.
Post a Comment