Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Update on the Boys

Liam - 6 Months

* We started solid foods this week and Liam LOVES cereal.  You would think that he was born with a spoon in his mouth the way he eats.  We will be starting fruits & veggies next week.  I think I am going to try to make his baby food.  I have a lot of time on my hands the next few weeks and figured I would give it a try.  

* He is sitting up so well on his own and rolling over.  He does really well towards his right side, but we are still working hard on his left.  He can do it, but doesn't like to on his own.  

* His neck is getting a lot stronger.  We he gets tired it still falls to the side, but most of the time he holds it really well in mid-line.

* He is seriously the smiliest baby I have ever seen.  He smiles at everyone and is just so happy.  It does wonders for my self-esteem. 

* He will talk your ear off!  I mean for a kid who can't actually talk yet, he has a lot to say.  He is constantly babbling and I am telling you, I can't wait until I know what he is saying.  He also makes the best "happy" noises.  When he does something that he is proud of he makes this deep squeal and shakes his head.  Its awesome.  

* We have his checkup in a few weeks, so I don't know his official stats, but he looks like he is thinning out.  His tummy is not as chunky as it was, but his legs still have lots of yummy rolls! 

Caleb - 26 Months

* His vocabulary is huge these days.  I am constantly amazed at all the things he knows and the sentences he makes.  He has a great understanding of cause and effect and is putting words together to make sentences.  "Daddy keys car go."  Translation: "Daddy needs his keys to get in his car and leave." 

* He has had a teddy bear since he was about a year, but now "Bears" must go every where with him.  "Where's Bears?" is a regular question.  He has become very loving and Bears helps him express this.  Bears is often giving kisses and hugs to Nathan, Liam and I.  

* His imagination is running wild.  He often acts out entire "races" with his cars while we are driving places.  I hear him talking and then lots of "booms" and "zooms".  Its awesome.  

* He really enjoys being like Mommy and Daddy.  When we are getting ready he often wants us to do his hair like we do ours or where a belt like Daddy.  

* He continues to be a great big brother.  My current favorite sound is when we are driving and I hear him make some sort of noise and Liam starts laughing at him.  He can make Liam laugh like no one else.  

Both boys continue to amaze me and I am so thankful to be able to be their mom.  


1 comment:

The Shepard Girls said...

I LOVE picturing Caleb making Liam crack up. I love picturing Liam sitting on his own. I love picturing Caleb making sentences. And I love picturing Liams smiling face with mushed food all over it. But as much as I love picturing, I sure can't wait until you find the usb cord!

Keep up the good work and remember, of all the people staring at you in line at the post office, most of them are thinking "Look at the poor mom trying to get her errands done with 2 kids. I've been there and it stinks!" The rest of them you can just ignore!