Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 3

We have survived the first 3 days of Nathan being gone and everything is going really well so far.  I can tell that people have been praying for us because the boys have been amazingly well behaved - so PLEASE keep it up.  Next week may be a different story, but so far so good.   Thankfully, we have something just about everyday to break up the days and keep us busy.  Mondays and Wednesdays are therapy, every other Tuesday we have MOPS and Thursdays is Gymboree.  Getting out of the house for at least a few hours makes such a huge difference.

The nights are a different story.  They are pretty long and lonely.  There is only so much tv, reading, blogging, emailing that can occupy my time.  Since Nathan is 2 hours ahead of us, we talk for a bit, but he goes to bed and then I put the boys to bed and its just me and the four walls.   When Nathan would be gone for a long time before kids, I would go over to friends houses or go to the store or Starbucks or anything to keep busy.  Don't really have that option anymore.

Caleb has only had one real breakdown (so far) which was today at the post office.  Every time we go to the post office he decides to throw a royal fit and I get that hot flash of "people are staring at me".  I hate that feeling.  I have been on stage tons of times and have no problem being in front of people, but man when I feeling like everyone is staring at me because of the kids, I get completely overwhelmed.  I really hope that I stuck the right info to the right packages I was trying to mail while trying to keep Caleb from being a complete mess.   Liam was also having a bit of a rough day.  He is definitely teething and nothing seemed to work.  He needed constant attention all day and screamed for a good bit of the time.  Totally not like him.  Poor guy.  I am not sure if his teeth are going to break through yet or not since Caleb didn't get his first teeth until he was almost a year.   We shall see.

Going to watch LOST and piddle around the house.

No comments: