Friday, October 31, 2008

10 Months


Really? Ten Months??? I can't even believe it. I know I say this every time that I post an update, but man is time flying by. One is right around the corner. (Good thing I am already working on plans for his birthday party!)

Gone is our baby boy. He has been replaced with a little man. I think that is what I have noticed the most in the last few weeks is how much Caleb looks less and less like a baby and more and more like a little boy.

He is pretty much unstoppable these days. After breakfast, he spends about 2 hours crawling around the house...chasing Sally, looking out at the back yard, pulling toys out of his basket, closing Sally in her cage, beating on things, and cruising around. He loves to pull up and wanders around the coffee table several times before plopping back down and moving on to his next adventure.

He is actually interested in books now. He will sit and read with us without trying to eat the books. He likes the "fuzzy" books and feels the fabrics without prompting from us. He is still a music lover - playing his piano and drums a good bit of the day. He also is a fan of pan drums with spatula sticks. These keep him occupied for hours. He really enjoys music of all kinds. Whenever we are in the car he sings and sings. Today our friend Angie, who watches him during our family ministries meeting, told me that we must sing to him because when she started to sing he got realyl excited and started to sing along. When she said that I realized that I am always singing to him. I make up random songs about whatever we are doing. I think I may sing to him more than I talk to him. Its just kinda what I do.

As with any positive trait, his curiousity has its down side. He has managed to pull over the plants twice and despite constant re-directions and stern "no's", Sally's water bowl is currently one of his favorite toys. We live in the desert - we can't take her water away and we don't really have any place to put it where he can't get into it. From what I hear, there is not much we can do about it. We just stop when we can and if we can't, we stop him asap. He finds a way to get into anything and everything that he is not supposed to. He is all boy.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next month. I think he will be walking any day now!

1 comment:

Emma said...

This sounds so familiar! :) Just today my munchkin got into Fredo's bowls! She likes to look out the back door, so as I was washing dishes I couldn't see her and I assumed that's what she was doing. Well...she was actually right next to the door...grabbing fistfulls of Fredo's food and there was evidence that she'd already been in his water bowl. Sigh. :) I used to be all for letting her explore and just being vigilant and redirecting, etc...now a giant hamster ball for her to crawl in is looking better and better. :)