Monday, October 27, 2008

Nathan is getting old(er)



My wonderful hubby celebrated his 29th birthday on the 18th. We had a fun family picnic out at Red Rocks and then we went with Jeremy & Heidi to Bite of Las Vegas - a big outdoor concert with lots of bands and good food.

On the occassion of his birth (sounds like something he would say, doesn't it?) I would like to tell you a few of the many reasons that I think he is the coolest guy I know and I love him so.

- He loves God. The most important thing in Nathan's life is his relationship with Jesus Christ. He desires to grow more in his understanding and knowledge of grace and that is reflected in everything he does.

- He loves me. Nathan sees me for me, probably more than I would like him to at times. He is patient with me and encourages me to become the woman God wants me to be.

- He loves Caleb. I knew he was going to be a great dad, but I am continually amazed at his relationship with Caleb and how being a dad has brought out a new side to him. He teaches Caleb in a way only a father can do for his son.

- He works hard at everything he does. There is no half hearted attempts with him. Its all or nothing.

- He sees a need and he does his best to meet it.

- He makes me laugh...a lot. (Not sure what that says about either of our senses of humor)

- He loves an adventure and is always up for trying new things.

- He keeps me sane...which can be hard to do.

- He is steady. In this crazy world and with my ever changing mind, he is the balance to my bounce.

- He listen to me and all my randomness.

Pretty much, he is the ying to my yang and I love that every day we become more one. So, Happy 29th Birthday to my Nathan. I love you and am honored to be your wife.

No comments: