Well, we have had our first experience with the stomach virus in the Yerrick house and boy has it been a dousy!
The fun times began on our plane ride home from Maryland. (I promise I will blog about that trip soon). Thankfully, when we were checking in we found out it wasn't a full flight and we were able to take Caleb's carseat on and he had a seat all to himself or things would have been much worse. He was sitting in his seat watching Elmo and acting a little lethargic. I didn't think too much of it because it had been a long week and he hadn't been sleeping well. Next thing I knew, the projectile vomit began. Now, I know this may not be a big deal for some of you moms out there, but Caleb has NEVER done that AND we were in a confined space. He was soaked and so was his carseat. At least he was sitting in his carseat and not in one of our laps. We changed his clothes and tried to clean up his carseat as best we could with cocktail napkins, a can of water and diaper wipes. I have to give it to the little man though, he was such a trooper. Even with all of this going on he stayed calm and never really freaked out. His congenial disposition makes these types of things so much easier to deal with.
Over the next 2 days there was 3 more episodes of the puking and more poop than I can even express. He had a slight temperature yesterday too, so we went to the dr. just to make sure he wasn't getting dehydrated or anything else. The doctor said it was going around and we just had to wait it out. Should be out of his system by the weekend.
Until then, we are continuing to enjoy disgusting diapers and what seems to be constant washing of clothes, sheets and hands. Caleb seems to be feeling better. He is sleeping a lot, but is playing like normal. Hopefully he will be all better in the next day or two.

2 comments:
sorry that happened to you, especially on a plane!!! i don't know what i would have done. hope you all are feeling better soon.
sounds like what both chip and i had last week. guess who we got it from - a baby! we're feeling better now. hope you all are too.
Post a Comment