Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rough Day

Today was a little bit of a rough day. It pretty much started yesterday and snowballed. I thought it was going to be ok, but by the end of the day I just kinda feel ick.

We were planning a surprise party for our friend Derek's 30th Birthday. Yesterday, the restaraunt told us that there weren't enough people attending for them to host it. SERIOUS MISCOMMUNICATION. So, we went into overdrive to get plan B up and running. Thing is, we didn't have a plan B. Amazingly we were able to get a very cool party planned and in action in a days time. A2, A4 and the Duncan clan ROCK! Between the 6 of us you would have never known that we put this thing together in a day. It was hectic trying to get it all done, but we did. The party turned out really well and everyone had fun, but it just wasn't what we originally wanted to do and so I can't help but feel a little bit of disappointment. I hope he enjoyed it.

This morning I also found out that one of my sweet friends lost her baby yesterday. There is a sense of loss that never goes away when you suffer a miscarraige. When I first heard, a wave of emotions rushed over me and I very vividly remembered the feelings I felt when we lost our baby. That "gloom" was with me most of the day.

Before the birthday party I went to school to visit my kids. They were having a parent night showing off all of the work they are proud of from the last few months. It was so great to see them all and to see how hard they have been working. I got so many hugs and felt like I had really made an impact on their lives. That is an awesome feeling, but it was tempered by having to tell the kids that I won't be coming back this year. Some of them were borderline mad at me. It is very difficult to explain to a teenager why you have chosen to stay home with your son instead of being with them. They are such great kids and I know they have so much potential. I hope and pray they will recognize it.

It was also raining today...that's right raining. One of the 10 days it rains all year. It was one of those days when you just want to stay in your pjs all day.

No comments: