Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

Caleb's very first plane ride

Before Easter, Caleb got a real treat. He was able to see all of his grandparents in one week!


For those of you who live close to your families that might not be such a big deal, but for those of us who are on the side of the country from all our family it is a HUGE deal. He was held pretty much for 10 days straight and loved (almost) every minute of it.

Mark and Ann came to visit for a few days in conjunction with a conference that Mark was attending here in Vegas. We had a great time during their visit and were able to celebrate Ann's 50th Birthday! (I have to say my Mom and my mom-in-law have aged better than any 2 women I know. I hope I do the same!) Caleb had a great time napping with Poppa and playing with Nana.

We were then off to see Gram and Granddaddy. What an adventure that was! Caleb took his first plane ride and came through with flying colors. On the flight there he slept the entire time and on the way back he was more awake and a little fussy, but still better than I was expecting. In between the flights, Caleb pretty much met his entire extended family. His Uncle Jeremy, his great grandparents, his great aunts and uncles, cousins...you name it, he met them all. He also got to meet all of Mommy's friends and few friends of his own.

Overall we had a great trip - slightly exhausting - but great. It only took another 3 days to de-spoil Caleb. He is now content to play on his mat or in his bouncy chair again and not in need of being held 24/7.

No comments: