Nathan came home from work today with the news that he might have to deploy for 6 months. Not happy news, but it was compounded by the fact that he would have to leave in 2 weeks. Thats right...2 weeks! There are 2 other guys that could go as well and we should hear in the next few days if he will be going.
My initial reaction was complete shock. Because Nathan is an engineer, deployment has never really been on our radar let alone a sixth month one! I then got very sad thinking about him being gone that long and missing Caleb get bigger. Although, if he has to go Caleb won't remember him being gone. I know I will miss him tons and I am worried for his safety.
I am currently at the point of trying to be at peace with whole thing...praying that God will allow me to see this through His eyes and not my own. Praying for peace that 1. I won't allow the what-ifs to get the best of me since we don't know for sure if he is leaving and 2. That if he does go I will rest in the fact that God is in complete control.
Keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:
Wow, that must have been hard news to hear. You will be in my prayers. Keep us posted.
so sorry to hear that. i'll be praying for you.
Post a Comment