Thursday, May 8, 2008

And the winner is...

...SKYMAN! That is right ladies and gents Bug came in at an even 16 lbs. 13 ozs., 26 3/4 inches long with a 44 1/2 cm head. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and height and his head is 90th+. Big brains run in the family. =)

Now, I need to rant for a minute. On base, Caleb goes to the peds clinic to get his checkup and then we have to go to the immunization clinic for his shots. At his 2 month check up, he was 1 day shy of actually being 2 months so they wouldn't let me get his shots. Yeah, 1 day. Did they tell me this when I made his appointment???? NO! So, I had to go home and make another trip to the base to get his shots. Its about a 20 minute trip there, but that is not the point.

So when I went back to get his shots they told me it would have to be 2 months from when I got those shots before I could schedule his 4 month shots. Ok fine. Thanks for telling me. So, I waited to make sure it had been 2 months from when he got his last shots to schedule his next checkup. Called in, got an appointment at 3:20 pm. THEY GAVE ME THIS TIME!

Went to base today. Had lunch with Nathan, put gas in the car, got to the hospital about 2:45. Checked in. Got weighed etc. Had his appointment. After everything is done, the Dr. says, "Well, I hate to tell you this, but the immunization clinic closes at 3 pm on Thursdays." ARE YOU KIDDNG ME!?!?! Could someone not have told me this when they scheduled the appointment? Could they not have told me this when I checked in early for the appointment?
SO IRRITATING! Now I have to make another trip back to base for 5 mins. to get his shots. Government inefficiency at its finest.

2 comments:

Skyman said...

Ooooooo what do I win? What do i win?

A visit perhaps!?

I just want to thank all the little people, actually the little person, who made this award possible. Oh, and this oversized brain too!

kilo's family said...

We asked the nurse about the 2 month rule for Lucas' immunization. She said it can be 6-8 weeks. Maybe it's different?