Nathan has been super busy since the beginning of the year with work and his class, but thankfully he taught his last class last week. So, last night we were really looking forward to a calm night at home with nothing to do but hang out.
We had a great dinner and decided to do one of our favorite cheap dates - ice cream and a redbox movie. Pause - if you don't know what Redbox is, it is a dvd rental box in grocery stores etc. You can rent a movie for $1 a day. Its fantastic.
Back to the story. We got Golden Spoon and went to the Redbox to get National Treasure 2, but we weren't sure if it would be there yet since it just came out. It wasn't, so we decided to rent Walk Hard. It had pretty good reviews, so we thought "why not?". We thought it might be a little silly, but we are up for a good satire. We got about 30 minutes into it and there was FULL FRONTAL NUDITY! MALE AND FEMALE!!!! Are you kidding me? What is the point? The movie didn't need it. There was absolutely no point to it. It wasn't there for artistic value or really anything other than shock and disgust value. Needless to say we turned it off.
It just made me wonder if this is what people think is entertainment. Call me a prude, but I don't want to see it and I definetly don't want my husband seeing it.
I hate it when movie nights end up like that. Now I am really looking forward to National Treasure.

2 comments:
We rented that movie recently, too. Needless to say we did a lot of fast-forwarding!
Saw it in the theatre and hated it. I spent a good part of the movie playing with the internet on my phone. Icky stuff and not even funny.
Post a Comment