Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day and Baby Dedication

Mommas and Babies
Me and My Guys


Today I got to celebrate my very first Mother's Day. Crazy, huh?

It was a wonderful day. I got my present a day early - an amazing patio set! The weather here is fantastic about 7 months out of the year for sitting outside to enjoy a meal or just relax. We have been using camping chairs and tv trays, but I was really was wanting an actual table to sit at and more comfortable chairs. I have not done this however because of the cost. It feels like there are so many other things to spend money on and it is hard for me to spend it on "luxuries". =) Nathan, knowing my distaste for spending money and my desire for patio furniture, spent weeks looking for the perfect set. It is a beautiful dark wicker set with a round table and big comfy chairs. I LOVE IT!

Today at church was Caleb's dedication. If you aren't familiar with what a baby dedication is, it is a time for parent's to say infront of the church that their desire is raise their children in the truth of who Christ is. So that when they grow up they will walk in truth themselves. It is more about Nathan and I saying that we want to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk infront of our son. That we want him to know that we have been saved by grace and grace alone and that our prayer is that he will one day come to understand that same grace. There were about 30 families who dedicated their children today. Its pretty cool to see, especially in Vegas, the number of families who are desiring to serve God and to raise their children to do the same.

After church, we went to lunch with the "baby brigade" - our friends who are new parents and one couple who is expecting in the fall. It is a nice blessing to be able to have friends who are enjoying this stage of life with us. And since none of us have actual "family" here, we appreciate the love and support that we can offer to each other.

It was a wonderful 1st Mother's Day. I am looking forward to many more and hopefully more babies one day. =)

2 comments:

Muyet said...

I know i'm late - but happy belated mother's day and kudos to Nathan for getting you the patio furniture. =)

pass on the hellos to your hubby and son for us.

Lauren said...

you look fantastic. miss you guys!