Friday, August 29, 2008

8 Months


So time continues to fly and Caleb is now 8 months old...technically 8 months and 1 week. Pretty much he hit the 8 month mark and decided to do a ton of things all at once.

1. He is a crawling fool! He has been scooting around for a few weeks, but now he is unstoppable. He is all over the place. It took him about a week to figure out that he didn't have to stay in the living room and now he is my shadow following me wherever I go...including the bathroom. The little bit of privacy I had is now officially gone. He has mastered the army crawl, but is still working on the full blown crawl. He "revs" up all the time and will take a move or two forward, but then his arms give out and he is back to the low crawl.

2. He can sit up all by himself! Last week we put him to bed like usual and a few minutes later we heard a very loud squeal. When went to check on him he was sitting up in his crib with a huge proud grin on his face. Officially time to lower the crib mattress. He does it all the time now, but he is what we like to call "a sneaky sitter-upper"! Until the last day or so every time he sat up he did it without much noise and while we weren't looking. Now he is doing it all the time and each time he does it he has this huge proud grin on his face.

3. His first tooth is through. It finally broke through last Monday after what seemed like months of pain for him. I thought it might be coming because he refused to eat from a spoon for about 3 days. He would take about 2 bites of food, grab the spoon, refuse to give it back and proceed to chew on it. We would pry it out of his hand and try to continue to feed him, but the process would start all over again. He was still nursing well, so I wasn't too worried. Speaking of nursing, he is still doing good and the tooth hasn't gotten in the way. Hopefully that will continue because I would like to nurse until he is a year. I am happy that we have made it this far though, so if I need to stop I am ok with that.

4. We are in much debate about whether or not he has said his first word. He babbles all the time and puts syllables together, but we won't call it his first word until he specifically looks at something and calls it what it is. Well, I think his first word is "doggie". Several times he has looked at Sally and said "doggie". Nathan points out that he often just says something that sounds like "dog" or "doggie" when he is talking. I still think he recognizes Sally as the doggie and I am going to call that as his first word. =) He often says da-da and other d sounds, but no ma-ma just yet. We are working on it. He makes this pretty hillarious clicking noise too, like he is speaking some African language. We click back. Maybe we are carrying on a whole conversation with him and don't even know it. Doubtful, but you never know.

I think those are all the major changes going on. I seems like so much has happened in the course of a week. I love it!

No comments: