Dang how I hate it when he is right.
I am in the midst of one of those types of situations right now. It is frustrating and painful and I feel like I am being stretched in a million different ways. I am struggling to see the point of it and would just like for things to be easier. Don't get me wrong...its not bad in the traditional good vs. evil or right vs. wrong sense, but it is hard.
One of our favorite movie quotes is from the movie Weatherman and basically says easy isn't in the adult vocabulary. How true it is. Once responsibility enters life, ease goes out the window.
So many times I feel like I would just like to look myself in my room and avoid it all. I would like for the clothes to put themselves away, Caleb never to cry, dinner to make itself, Nathan and I to never fight, Sundays to plan themselves, the AC to run perfectly and the bills to be paid and us to still be able to spend whatever we want... but it doesn't happen and I know that it never will. I have to keep going.
You know what I have learned though? I am not alone. I have a friend who sticks closer than a brother...who walks through all of these things with me...the good the bad and the ugly. The daily grind of life will overwhelm you if you let it. It will bring you down and stress you out. But, if you choose to run to Jesus, he will gladly give you rest and you might just learn something from listening to his voice.
I can see that even though I end up in the same situations, I am not at square 1 anymore. I may only be a square 3 and I may have 100 left to go, but I am making progress. Or should I say that God is making progress in me. I am just really looking forward to the day I am no longer on any square and am completely content...and when I learn new stuff it won't be so painful. Heaven...one of these days I will get there.
And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.
Colossians 2:6-10
Colossians 2:6-10

1 comment:
Hey LeighAnn, its Laura Corder. Just came across your blogspot through Jennifer P.'s I would like to add yours to my friends section if thats okay? I would love to stay in touch. How are you all? Your little boy is soo sweet! Kaylin is 10 months already! Hard to believe huh??? Hope to hear from you soon. My blogspot is www.thecordersplus1.blogspot.com
Post a Comment