Caleb
* He has reached this very loving phase where he often says "Hold my hand, Mommy" or "I sit in your lap, Mommy" or "HOOOOLD MEEE". He isn't really clingy, he just likes to snuggle. This is completely new for him so initially it was a bit strange, but I don't mind.
* He is very aware of the family unit often asking "Where his Mommy/Daddy?" of everyone we see. Its pretty funny when he asks random adults when we are at the store or somewhere like that. He also needs to know where Liam aka "my baby" is at all times.
* He is such a sweet big brother (most of the time) when Liam starts crying he goes over to him and goes "shh, shh, shh." "Shh, Shhh, Shh, baby Iam."
* He would play outside all day if we would let him. He can often be found sitting in the backyard digging in the dirt or racing his cars around the bushes.
* Cars, yes, he still loves them and has one in each hand at all times.
* His vocabulary is increasing all the time and we are often amazed at the things he knows. He will just randomly tell us about something that he sees in great detail with words we didn't know he knew. He especially likes to describe what he sees while we are driving. He doesn't miss a thing.
*We are going to hit the potty training full force this week while Gram is in town. We shall see how it goes.
Liam
* He is on the move and it is the funniest crawl I have ever seen. He keeps one knee down like a normal crawl and then keeps his other leg up and turned out with his foot on the ground. I have no idea how it works, but he gets around really well with it. We have tried to get him to keep both knees down, but he just gets angry and pulls his leg right back up and keeps on moving.
* He is starting to pull up. He can get up to his knees and tries to get up to his feet, but isn't quite there yet.
* He is an eating MACHINE! At his 9 month check-up he had dropped off his weight curve. He is getting longer, but his weight has dropped down to the 20th percentile from the 60th. I am not really sure how this happened because he nurses and was eating baby food like a champ. Anyways, the dr. told us to start feeding him solids. He doesn't have any teeth, so I was hesitant but started him anyways. The kid can eat most 6 year olds under the table. He will eat ANYTHING you put in front of him. He can eat 2 waffles in one sitting. It is amazing to watch. He is even getting pretty good at signing "more" because that is all he wants!
* We have hit the separation anxiety point. If I walk away for a second he starts freaking out. Caleb never really had this phase, so that is a new one for me.
* He is still possibly the happiest baby I have ever seen. Always smiling and giggling. His laugh will melt your heart. He talks up a storm as well.
Both boys are growing so much and I am so blessed to be their mommy!

No comments:
Post a Comment