Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Relatively Organized Life

The other day I was switching stuff out of my old purse into my fabulous new purse that my mom and aunt got me for my birthday.  (Its a Miche Bag and awesome!) Anyway, I was pulling things out from one bag to the other when and I was telling Mom that I have lots of smaller bags in my purse that keep it "relatively organized". Of course, as I am doing this, I am pulling out diapers and cars and receipts and and and...  All the 'normal' things in my purse were actually really organized, but that would only account for about half of the stuff that was coming out of the bag.  It was pretty amusing and we laughed a lot.  

Nathan was walking back and forth doing something or another while this whole exchange was going on.  As he walked by at one point he said, "Now that should really be the title of your blog - My Relatively Organized Life".  For those of you who know my hubby, you know he is an engineer and very much an organizer.  We have both come so far in this area.   The truth is, we have made crazy leaps and bounds in this area.  Over the last 8 years, he has learned a lot of patience in this area thanks to his not-so-type-a wife. I have worked very hard to keep our home and our lives focused and inviting. I am not sure I could handle my lack of organization from 5 years ago and I KNOW I would probably want to strangle me anytime before the year 2002.  (Please no comments from the peanut gallery here.  I know I was a mess!) BUT - I will never be NY (Nathan Yerrick) organized.  And you know what? We are both ok with that...most of the time. 

So here is to a willingness to grow and change, for a husband who is willing to do the same and for the grace we are able to extend to each other in this area and so many others because of the grace that has been given to us.   

Oh and to my relatively organized life! 

2 comments:

Angela said...

Um, that sounds very much like another couple I happen to know...

Lauren said...

Ha! That is so Greg and me. My excuse is that having to keep up with both Kate and him makes me much less organized! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.