Friday, April 18, 2008

Going Bald

If you don't know one of the enjoyable things you get to experience after having a baby is hair loss. When you are pregnant the hormones keep more of your hair in your head and then about 3 months after you deliver those hormones wear off and you start to lose the hair you have built up and your normal shedding.

I normally have a very thick head of hair even when I am not pregnant, but I have lost a lot. I am pulling large chunks of hair out of the drain and I wipe up tons from the bathroom floor and our tub which is right next to my sink. The worst part is the other day I pulled my hair back and saw that I have two "bald" spots in the front of my hairline! So, I decided to go to the hairdresser and do something about it. As he was looking through my hair he said he could tell that I had lost a lot and he could see other thin spots. Thankfully they are mostly in the under layers of my hair and not noticeable to anyone else.

I decided to cut it short for now so that I can stop clogging the drain. Its short...and blonde! Well, not completely, but there are some serious blonde highlights! Brings me back to my college days. =) I will post a picture soon.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

ME TOO! all of a sudden, huge clumps falling out. but for some reason, i still have a headfull. and my baby has none.

Jill said...

My neighbor who had a baby about 6 months ago mentioned that to me the other day! I had never heard that before. She said she has lost quite a bit of hair. That can't be fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, beautiful friend! Crazy hair loss seems to be something they forget to mention in the books! :) It's rediculous!! I'm excited to see pictures of you as a (sort of) blond!! :)

Paro said...

Blonde like me blonde? And you were never blonde in college! You must post a picture. I watched my wedding video today -- 6 years today -- and you were in it, and it made me miss you. Beth whispered something snide to you as you and she walked down the aisle -- as only Beth could do -- and I've always wondered what she said. Everyone in the video was too, too young. How time flies.

Leigh Ann said...

Summer/Fall Senior year I had a big blonde streaks in my hair! Maybe you don't remember since we weren't living together then. By the time of your wedding it was pretty much back to normal because I didn't want it crazy for our engagement pics.

Six years ago already??? Time is flying by. So funny that Beth said something to me as we were walking down the aisle. I have absolutely no idea what it was. Have you tried reading her lips? =)