- I am having to realize that I am about to turn 30 and maybe some of the clothes hanging out in the back of my closet don't really fit who I am anymore.
- I am also realizing that having had 2 babies in 2 years, some of the clothes just don't fit! Not going to lie, I cried a bit about the current state of my body. Things just aren't in the same place anymore even if my weight is pretty close to pre-baby. I think this is a common struggle all women have as we get older. It is also a good lesson and reminder to me that my worth and value is found in Christ alone and not in the size of my clothes.
- I love to remember when I bought certain things - outfits, jewelry, etc. I put away my wedding shoes, the outfit I wore when we left our wedding, the bathing suit I wore on our honeymoon and a few other "special" clothes from this or that. Brings back great memories and a beautiful picture of how far we have come. I also found and cleaned the first pair of earrings Nathan ever gave me almost 10 years ago. I love that man.
- It brings about a sense of freedom to get rid of stuff. I strive to hold the things of this world loosely and going through your closet shows me how often I fail at this. It feels good to let go of things and remember that the lilies of the field were more beautiful than Solomon in all his splendor.
- It makes me sit and wonder where the last 4 years of my life have gone. We moved to Vegas as "young" marrieds with no kids and now we are leaving coming up on our 8th wedding anniversary and with 2 amazing little boys. What the heck!?!
- I am excited for this next adventure that is on the horizon and all that God has in store for us.
Those are some of the basics and I have only made it through my bedroom and bathroom. I am sure the next several weeks and closets will bring even more.

2 comments:
Love this post and totally relate. :)
Great reflections and comments. Thanks for sharing. Though we attempt to place little worth in 'stuff' and remember that these bodies are just temporary, we often fail. But it's great that God gives us those little reminders that HE is the measure of true beauty, HE is more than enough. Bring on more closets! =) I love you! J
Post a Comment