So, I was reading back over a few of my recent posts and it is so obvious that I am not using my writing skills very much these days. My grammar is horrible and I can't seem to stick to one point of view. Wow. There are many things I love about being able to stay at home, but I do wish that I had more of an opportunity to write and such. This blog is a small outlet, but the truth is most of my posts are usually done under one of the following conditions:
- Both boys are sleeping. Oh what a wonderful time this is! Although, this normally causes me to rush because I want to rest a bit myself and want to make sure that I didn't use their entire nap time posting a blog.
- Both boys are playing quietly. This is a fragile state and I know it won't last for long, so again I rush.
- One of the boys is fussing. This time normally follows one of the above times. When this occurs there are two main emotions that occur - frustration and confusion. I become frustrated because 1.my thoughts are interrupted and 2. I have spent my entire "quiet time" posting a blog that is nothing like what I set out to post. I am also confused trying to figure out how I should proceed - Do I continue with the blog? How long do I have before a total breakdown occurs? What was I writing again? Where was I going with this?
- Its late and everyone is in bed. Like right now. I have had some serious thoughts in my mind for weeks now that I would love to get out. The problem is - its late, I'm tired and I don't have the energy to attempt to process what I am thinking and get it out into print. So, I decide on simple topics or posts that flow pretty easily without much thought...and include lost of pictures. =)
As you may notice, none of these are exactly ideal times to attempt to post a blog. Please my eloquent friends - bear with me and cut me some slack. Look for the meaning behind my words and try not to pick up on my horrendous spelling, rambling thoughts and simplistic insights into life. I promise there is more going on in this head of mine than what I am able quickly spout out in the blogosphere - I promise. Hopefully, as I continue this process of attempting to post more regularly my writing skills will return. Hopefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment