Friday, April 23, 2010

A Week of Sickness

I think God was telling us that we needed a break this week.  We were scheduled to several therapy sessions and Drs. appts this week, but those didn't happen because pretty much everyone was down with some sort of sickness or another (except Nathan thankfully - not sure what we would have done if we were all out of commission!) Caleb has been fighting a cold and then Liam has had stomach issues since last weekend. He was also really struggling to hold his head up properly which he really only does when he is tired.  On Tuesday, I had some friends over for a Lia Sophia party and Liam decided it was time for everyone to go and announced it by projectile vomiting ALL OVER the place.  Thankfully, I was the one holding him and none of the guests were blessed by him. =)  Two more episodes of that resulted in a trip to the ER to make sure everything was ok.   Stomach Bug - got it.  After getting home at 2 am, I lost my voice from the cold I was fighting and now Liam has the sneezes and sniffles.  It has been one of those weeks!

We did make it to the Pediatric Orthopedist yesterday though for Liam's spine check. They wanted to make sure that there weren't any spinal reasons for his torticollis.  I am so excited to report that his xrays were all clear and the Dr. said he didn't see any orthopedic causes.  That is a huge praise!  On the flip side of that the dr. said there are also neurological and ophthalmologic causes for such severe cases of torticollis that are hard to detect without proper screening.  Which means - more appointments for us. Keep praying that these appointments will provide some answers - whatever they may be so that we can best know how to move forward.  He will be fitted for his helmet on Tuesday.  I will post pictures of his cuteness afterwards!

No comments: