Monday, January 18, 2010

3 Day Weekends

I love 3 Day weekends.  We had such a great time this weekend and I am sad that Nathan has to go back to work tomorrow.  Really, I wish that we could just have family time all the time and Nathan didn't ever have to go to work.  But, on the other hand I do like to eat, so....

On Saturday, we spent the day around the house.  Everyone took naps and we just relaxed.  Saturday night we had our first ever family movie night.  We moved the coffee table and laid down blankets and pillows and watched G-Force.  We ate ice cream and had a great time. Caleb watched a good bit of the movie and I think we are going to make it a monthly thing.  The best part of the night was Caleb's dancing.  We have some great videos of him that I will have to post.

Sunday morning we were on our way out the door to church...on-time...maybe even a bit early.  (That is such a challenge with 2 kids.)  Nathan was loading the kids in the car and I was rounding up the last few things. I reached into the dishwater to grab a lid for Liam's bottle when I caught my finger on the blade of the electric knife.  Next thing you know blood is everywhere and Nathan is unloading the boys and bringing them back in the house.  Caleb is throwing a fit because all he wants to do is get in the car.  Nathan is doctoring my finger and I get that horrible overwhelming feeling...must. sit. down.  Nathan moved me quickly to the chair and we barely avoided a complete black out.   After a few minutes and several bandages, we were up and running again.    We made it to church only 15 minutes late.

Sunday evening we had over 6 of our favorite couples.  Three of these couples will be moving this year and we are trying to get in as much time with them as we can.  There were kids running around, good conversation and lots of laughing.  It was a great night.

Today was spent doing laundry and cleaning the house.  Its so nice to have 2 days to enjoy and 1 day to do stuff around the house.  Tomorrow, back to the norm.

No comments: