Friday, January 15, 2010

Liam - 4 Months



Our happy Liam is 4 months old and growing like a weed.  We had his check up on Wednesday and he weighed in at 16 lbs 15 ozs and is 26 3/4 inches.   His checkup went really well. Tuesday night I had a little bit of breakdown worrying about how things would go with his torticollis and head shape that I talked about  here .   Surprisingly, the doctor seemed more concerned with Liam's dry skin than with his head!   She said that because we are taking Liam to therapy and have changed his sleeping position that there isn't much more that we can do for him right now.  When we were filling out his 4 month questionnaire, I was really encouraged that Liam was doing most of the things.  There were only very few that he hadn't done at all.  I was expecting that he would be way behind.  I obviously had made things out to be worse in my mind than they really are.  Such a relief.

He is a great sleeper and has been sleeping through the night (at least 8 hours) since he was about 3 months.  Now we make at normally between 10 and 12.  (That is an added benefit of fat babies - they have enough reserves to make it through the night!) Obviously, he has no problem eating and is wearing 6-9 month clothes.   This is a regular conversation:
Someone: "Aww, he is cute."
Me: "Thank you"
Someone: "How old is he?"
Me: "4 Months"
Someone: "Wow, he is BIG."
Me: "Yes, I know."

Liam is possibly the happiest baby I have ever seen.  He has such a sweet personality.  He has an awesome full belly laugh and smiles all the time.  Caleb used to make us work for smiles, but Liam gives them freely and it just warms my heart.   You can tell that he already adores Caleb, watching him like a hawk while he plays.  His eyes follow him around the room constantly.   I am amazed at the differences I can see in their personalities already and look forward to seeing them grow and develop in the coming months and years.  I pray that they will be great friends that take care of each other and have the best of time together.

No comments: