In the words of Nathan, "I love this little guy!"
My big boy turned 2 on the 22nd of December and I can't believe how quickly time is flying by!There is so much to say about this awesome little man, that it is hard to narrow it down, but I will try.
*He is such a great big brother. Having a little brother has brought out a totally different side to his personality that I am not sure we would have ever seen otherwise. He is very protective of Liam and always wants to know "Where Baby?" We moved Liam completely into their room after returning from vacation and Caleb can't go to sleep without knowing where Liam is and why he isn't in bed. It is the sweetest thing.
*He loves all things cars. Cars, CARS, trucks...anything with wheels. He is all boy in this department. He always has one in each hand and heaven forbid if we leave home without them. He can watch the movie CARS from start to finish and then ask to watch it again. Nightning (Lightening) , King (The King) and Chix (Chick Hicks) can be spotted anywhere from a 100 yards away. He points them out at any store and half the time it takes us 5 minutes to find the smallest character on the shelf. It is impressive.
*He is very contemplative. He watches the world and takes it all in before acting. He looks at all the toys before deciding which one to play with. He watches the kids before running to play with them. Sometimes he looks like he is pondering the meaning of life. He must get it from his dad.
*He adores Ian. Ian is the son of our Family Ministries Pastor, Ty, and his awesome wife Angie. He is 4 and Caleb's own personal hero. He always asks "Where E?" Angie generously watches Caleb for me while I take Liam to therapy and as soon as we get in the car Caleb starts saying "Go E's house." I think we might all have better self-esteem if someone wanted to hang out with us as much as Caleb wants to hang out with Ian.
*He is a daddy's boy. He hears the garage door open at night and he gets so excited. He runs to open the door, watches Nathan pull in and turn off the car, and then runs out shouting "Daddy!". It gets me every time. (And a plug to Nathan for being an awesome Dad!)
*He is a bit of a loaner. He likes to play with other kids, but often in nursery or when there are lots of kids around he is off in his own little world.
*He is very strong willed. With Nathan and I as parents, there wasn't much he could to get out of that one. His current favorite words are "mine" and "no". But, he is also very quick to say "please" and "sorry" with only minor prodding.
I really could go on and on about him, but if I am going to post everyday I will have to save something for later.

1 comment:
Sweet! He's very handsome! Caden turns two Feb. 6th. Time sure flys!
Post a Comment