Saturday, January 16, 2010

Its Official

We had heard rumblings last week that Nathan had gotten into Test Pilot School as a Flight Test Engineer, but yesterday the official list came out and his name is on it!  I am really proud of him. He has worked very hard to get to this point in his career and has spent many hours in prayer desiring God's direction for our family.   There are only 10 engineers selected for each class.


You can ready a pretty good description of TPS here. 


We will be moving to Edwards AFB this June.  The school is one year long and all class members live on base.  From what I hear, on the same street.  If you are unfamiliar with Edwards, it is in the Northern Mojave Desert...literally the middle of nowhere as seen from this picture:




The nearest town is about 45 minutes away and I mean like a drive through the desert 45 minutes ... not like small towns and then a big one. It will definitely be a change of pace for us and our life here in Vegas. There are currently grocery stores on every corner and 4 Targets within 10 miles of our house. I will have to get much better about planning and prepping for everything since there won't be running out last minute for things. I will miss being able to go see shows down on the strip and enjoy the AMAZING food here (hmm... maybe that will be good for my waistline).

It will be an adventure to say the least, but it will be a year and you can do anything for a year. I will keep you posted on all the details.

1 comment:

Paro said...

Congrats to Nathan. I just want to say that I grew up 45 minutes away from movies, malls, major grocery stories, and any major chain restaurant. It could be inconvenient, but what with internet ordering for a lot of things, it was manageable.