Friday, January 22, 2010

Dang it!

We have a timer in our house known as "Mr. Dinger".  Yes, Mr. Dinger.  Mr. Dinger is used to let Caleb know things like: how long he has until bed, how long he can play with a certain toy when sharing, how long he has to sit in time out, etc.

Here is what happened tonight as Nathan was setting Mr. Dinger for bedtime.

Nathan: "Caleb, when Mr. Dinger goes off it is time for bed."
Caleb: "Why?"
Me to Nathan: "Did he just ask why???"
Nathan: "Yep."
Me: "Dang it!"
Caleb: (With a sheepish smile on his face) "Dang it."

That's right folks, the boy has started asking WHY.  Seriously? He just turned 2 and he is already asking why!  We have a long road ahead of us on this one.  He is already very inquisitive by nature, so I knew this day was coming, but I was hoping that we had at least another year before we had to start playing this game.  
Trying to look at the positive and remember that asking questions has served Nathan and I both very well in life and we both enjoy knowledge.  So, I really shouldn't be too surprised that at least one of our kids is already showing the same desire to know why.

1 comment:

The Shepard Girls said...

freaking hilarious!!!! i needed that after reading the post that made me cry :)