Nathan and I are heading out on a road trip tomorrow to California. I have heard all the horror stories about Edwards and figured that since it is within driving distance from Vegas, we should go check it out. Hopefully the trip will put to rest my fears about being in the middle of nowhere. Though I am not expecting a miracle - the base is still in the Mojave Desert and 45 minutes from the nearest town. We are going to be able to see the housing, BX, commissary, etc. Then we will be heading into to town to see how far it really is and what is there. Nathan has been there several times TDY and says that the neighboring towns are nice, but he is a guy. Ladies you know when your husband says something is "nice" it basically means that there is some place to eat, a gas station and a gym.
Liam is going to be joining us since he is still attached. Caleb will get to spend the night with his personal hero "E". He isn't going to want to come home with us when we get back. Thankfully, Slack is already there and we have a place to stay. Alright, back to packing. Not sure if I will have internet for the next few days, so you may have to wait until Sunday to hear about our little adventure.

2 comments:
hope it's better than what you're expecting! can't wait to hear. love you
I'll be curious to hear about this. Doug has mentioned moving there before, but told me from his experiences there I would not like it. Hope it's not as bad as the stories I've heard also!
Post a Comment