Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Currently...

Reading:
Your Life in Rhythm by Bruce Miller - Really good discussion about the phases of our lives and how to live to the fullest during different times.  Presents an alternative to living a "balanced" life.

Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel - Takes a scriptural approach to what kids really need and models how to parent after the God the father "raises" us.

In both books I have found myself saying "that makes so much sense!" many times and I have just gotten started with each of them.  Looking forward to seeing what else I can learn from them.

Listening to:
Margin Sermon Series by Devin Hudson - Talking about creating room in our lives and our finances for grace and growth.

http://www.gracepointvegas.com/sermons.php?pageType=sub&pageID=55&pageName=/Media/Podcast/

The Peasant Princess Sermon Series by Mark Driscoll - An in-depth look at Song of Solomon.  Even if you have done a SoS study before, I highly recommend this one.

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/the-peasant-princess


If you have read or listened to any of these I would love your feedback on them.

2 comments:

Joel, Heide, Lydia & Tessa said...

A very good book about "doing what it takes to raise sons and daughters who walk with God" is called "Family Driven Faith" by Voddie Baucham Jr. We did it in our small group a couple of years ago, and it is amazing. I tell everyone about it. Let me know if you ever get around to reading it!

Emma said...

I second Heide's recommendation! :)